In its drive to attain a sustainable peace in the islands of Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi (BASULTA), Police Regional Office of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region intensifies its campaign to end Local Terrorist Group and brings forth 6 surrenderers from the infamous Abu Sayaff Group on a Monday, November 23, 2020.
Sulu Police Provincial Office under the supervision of PCOL Michael C Bawayan, Provincial Director with the joint operatives from the CMO and Intelligence Operations of the AFP following the sustained operations of the operatives to combat terrorism and violent extremism in the islands of BASULTA triggered the surrender of the ASG members as they finally decided to lay down their arms.
Six (6) ASG members under ASG Senior Leader Radullan Sahiron voluntarily surrender bringing with them their Fire Arms to Sulu police operatives. PCOL Bawayan identifies the surrenderees as;
- Sudduri G Atam a.k.a Apo Adam residence of Sitio Gabbang Brgy. Kaunayan, Patikul, Sulu;
- Amjad T Idjas a.k.a Amjad residence of Brgy. Pansul, Patikul, Sulu;
- Kamlon N Kahal a.k.a kams residence of Bangkal, Patikul, Sulu;
- Mahmot O Asanulla a.k.a Mong residence of Brgy Martires, Jolo, Sulu;
- Kimar Habari ABDAH a.k.a Ambot residence of Bangkal, Patikul, Sulu; and
- Jahawi Laham Dadjong a.k.a Laham, all residents of Sto Baunuh, Butong Kabbontakas, Patikul, Sulu.
Firearms surrendered were as follows: One (1) M16A1 Rifle bearing SN:4291916; One (1) M1 Springfield Rifle bearing SN:6528287; and One (1) M2 Carbine Rifle bearing SN:101213.
PBGEN Samuel P Rodriguez, Regional Director, PRO BAR has been very stern in his directives to step up the operations against existing Local Terrorist Groups in the Bangsamoro Region. As a result, this has been the third time where combatants surrendered to PRO BAR authorities. The returnees are guaranteed to avail the Comprehensive Localized Social Integration Program of the government for their rehabilitation and reintegration program.